Friday, January 6, 2012

How much money is too much?

The news just did a story about Tiger's ex......(isn't it scary that in our pop culture everyone will know who I am talking about with just that brief reference?) It seems that she has torn down a 12 million dollar mansion (part of her divorce settlement) in Palm Beach so she can build her "dream house".   SERIOUSLY??? How utterly wasteful and indulgent. She could have allowed Habitat for Humanity to "harvest" anything of value inside for their Restores (just one idea) She should get some bad press for this decision. She should be embarrassed.
It may be one thing to break a few dishes or knick-knacks as a "I will show you" about a divorce but this is so over the top I can't really wrap my head around this one. Maybe it is because I live a rather middle class life? Or maybe it is because I was raised by a father to all too well remembered the Depression? Or maybe I never could think that "big"?   I would like to believe that if I had that kind of money I would be as careful with a lot of money as the little bit we have now. I think the EX  Mrs. Woods has provided the definitive answer for the question "How much money is too much?"

No comments:

Post a Comment